Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Has anyone got their annual renewal in yet ?

(26 Posts)
mayaknew Fri 08-May-15 06:35:23

I've never paid attention to when mine comes in because our incomes usually don't vary much but this year mines is significantly lower so really relying on them .

I phoned up in March and the man told me it was too close to annual renewal just to wait on my letter coming in to tell them the changes but it's still not here . hmm

BikeRunSki Fri 08-May-15 06:50:08

Renewal for what?

madmother1 Fri 08-May-15 06:53:24

I got mine. It's roughly the same. I presume you are talking about Tax Credits? I noticed that my salary was already filled in. I just renewed on line. It took a while to set up but it's done now.

YouMakeMyHeartSmile Fri 08-May-15 06:54:36

What renewal?

AtomicDog Fri 08-May-15 06:55:25

DO you mean insurance? confused

lougle Fri 08-May-15 06:56:07

They're done in batches. You can get it now, but it can take as long as June to arrive.

mayaknew Fri 08-May-15 10:38:52

TC renewal sorry thought that would have been implied blush

lottomum Fri 08-May-15 15:26:54

I've had mine, I always get in a real tizzy and convince myself that I'm going to be told I owe thousands sad

FourAndDone Mon 25-May-15 18:53:12

Got mine on the 19tg op. Income significantly lower so hoping for abit back!
Renewed online for the first time.

Pyjamaface Mon 25-May-15 19:22:52

I got mine near the start of the month

LotusLight Mon 25-May-15 20:30:05

? Never had tax credits. Lucky people on the thread. I don't even get child benefit.

fairgame Mon 25-May-15 20:31:58

I've not had my renewal yet. It's always come by now so i hope its not lost somewhere.

MirandaWest Mon 25-May-15 20:33:11

If you get neither tax credits nor child benefit then that is because your income is higher than people who receive tax credits. It is not a case of being lucky (although child benefit is unfairly determined IMO as a family could earn more than another family and still get it)

PinkSquash Mon 25-May-15 20:34:23

My surname begins with one of the last letters in the alphabet and usually get our renewal form in June.

Ohmymg Mon 25-May-15 20:35:02

Op you absolutely can update this years income estimate before your renewal, your income has to be significantly different to change hor payments but they will def update

RolyPolierThanThou Mon 25-May-15 20:44:09

Lotus are you really envious that my household income this year is 15k? Would you like to trade salaries? Even if I got twice the tax credits I will see, my income would not be anywhere near yours.

RolyPolierThanThou Mon 25-May-15 20:45:42

You can ring them anytime in the year to give an updated estimate of your income
give them a call. I did and they told me when my renewal pack had been sent.

fairgame Thu 28-May-15 14:16:40

Just got mine today and done it straight away online. So much easier being able to do it online. My income is a few grand lower than my estimate so hopefully i'll get an extra payment in time for my holiday

Trying2Change Thu 28-May-15 15:25:20

Not had mine through yet but if it's not the first renewal you have done it can arrive later than the others.

In regards to child benefit I'm rather glad we get it as it will save a lot of hassle in the future when it comes to your child/ren receiving their national insurance number.

BloodyDogHairs Fri 29-May-15 10:30:58

I got mine in yesterday, did anyone have to answer alot of questions to confirm your identity before you could renew online?

fairgame Fri 29-May-15 10:45:57

Yes i had to set up an identity check thing through the post office website. But now its done you just need to put your password in next time so it will be quicker.

BloodyDogHairs Fri 29-May-15 11:30:28

Thanks, I did mine thru the PO too but I was slightly concerned that I had just typed in my license/passport number and bank details without checking to see if it was legit or not.

SueBigFatSue Fri 29-May-15 19:49:03

Was anyone else nervous answering the questions at the end grin shitting myself in case I got a question wrong.

SueBigFatSue Fri 29-May-15 19:49:18

The Verify Gov thing I mean!

BloodyDogHairs Fri 29-May-15 20:38:49

haha yeah me!

The question "what was the bank account you opened in 2002" WHAT it takes me to remember 2 days ago never mind what I was doing in 2002.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now