Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anybody else had their child tax credits paid early for no apparent reason?

(13 Posts)
smellyfishead Mon 16-Mar-15 14:37:40

Just that really, I've received them on a Tuesday for the past three yrs since splitting with exdp. just checked bank as knew I hadn't got a lot of money, only to find its in there today.

Don't like it when they do things like this, makes me wonder if they've messed up, am I going to have to spend hours on hold ringing hmrc?

SpaceKoala Mon 16-Mar-15 14:43:36

Same here, tc are normally in bank account on Tuesday, this time paid today.

Have had some 'wrong' day payments in the past, normally close to end if text year or during renewal time. So not worried about it really

(Hope not to be proven wrong this time though)

SpaceKoala Mon 16-Mar-15 14:44:21

End of tax year
Not end of text smile

ohdearitshappeningtome Mon 16-Mar-15 14:44:49

Mines went in on Saturday. My sister rang and they said it's because of St Patrick's day. Not sure how relevant it is, ie is there an Irish bank holiday?

swannys123 Mon 16-Mar-15 14:46:00

Bank holiday in ireland so tax credits paid early all over uk

fredfredsausagehead1 Tue 17-Mar-15 06:31:04

Weird ! Got my cb a day early too!

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Tue 17-Mar-15 06:34:26

Got mine a day early today. Maybe because of the end of the tax year

ScrambledEggAndToast Tue 17-Mar-15 07:05:12

Boo, wish that had happened to me but I'm not due for another week hmm I'm skint til I get paid next week.

MomaP Tue 17-Mar-15 11:12:44

I got mine today! If it was because of St Patrick's day, surely I would have still received mine tomorrow (Wed) instead of today? Confused.

smellyfishead Tue 17-Mar-15 13:23:16

many thanks, that clears that up smile

Skye2014 Thu 17-Mar-16 08:25:08

Am due my tax credits tomorrow, but happened to check bank today and it's in there, anybody else had this or know why as don't really want to be on phone for ages trying to get through to hmrc

saturnV Thu 17-Mar-16 09:53:50

Mine have been paid today too, not due until tomorrow. I'm in Scotland, there's no mention on their website of payments being due early here.

saturnV Thu 17-Mar-16 11:55:01

Hi, they've since changed their website, it now states today's payment is early in Scotland.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now