Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

EA wanting admin fee from buyer?

(4 Posts)
juneybean Mon 30-Jun-14 10:29:03

I put an offer in on a property which although was listed as going to auction hadn't got that far.

I put the offer in two weeks ago and today the manager has rang me up asking for £3,600 deposit and a £650 +VAT admin fee because it's an auction property. This is the first I've heard anything about this. Do I have to pay this?

MarcoPoloCX Wed 02-Jul-14 08:15:32

You do pay an admin fee to the auctioneer if you got it through an auction. But the fact you got it through the open market via a standard EA, I think they are trying it on.

senua Wed 02-Jul-14 08:22:17

You don't have to do anything, it's all up for negotiation.
Take advice from your solicitor.

juneybean Wed 02-Jul-14 10:04:51

Thanks for the replies, as am on good terms with the vendors I sought their advice and they paid half towards the admin fee. Still very annoying though.

Now my mortgage advisor is saying I should have held back from paying deposit until I had the mortgage underwritten (although I have a DiP?)

Sick of this game now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now