Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits estimated income any help?

(1 Post)
stigofthecastle Thu 26-Jun-14 20:39:07

My hubby was made redundant last year and I was a stay at home mum. At the beginning of this year we both started as self employed. We just received our renewal pack and confirmed the information they have. But our tax credits have gone down in the mean time. I kept them informed of everything. The thing is although we did a lot of planning things haven't worked out as well as we thought. So I mentioned this to the guy at HMRC he said If I provide them with an estimated income for this financial year 14/15 and rang them back they would recalculate. Is this right and I have also read that it would be unwise to do so. The drop in income is about £18,000 and we will be lucky to break even this year.Any advise would be welcome.Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now