Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Do I need to declare 4 hour job to child tax creds?

(4 Posts)
Pullingteeth Sat 21-Jun-14 14:32:39

Just that really.

Have tried ringing 3 times this week to let them know that I started a Saturday job a couple of weeks ago. Can't get through and worrying about phone bill as I only have a mobile so not sure if it's free phone.

I only get child tax credits, do I just put this extra income on next years renewal or will I need to let them know now? Will just be doing the 4 hours work.

kilmuir Sat 21-Jun-14 14:35:48

Yes its income

skyeskyeskye Sat 21-Jun-14 14:38:06

Yes, you need to let them know of any changes. You can write to them if you can't get through on the phone.

Pullingteeth Sat 21-Jun-14 14:55:16

Ok thanks. Was a silly q but someone said today that it will stay the same as not working 16 hours to get working tax. I'll try again and if no joy I'll send a letter in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now