Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

For anyone who's applied for help with court fees......

(4 Posts)
lagoon Wed 18-Jun-14 12:32:21

Do you know if funds in a current account are treated as "disposable capital"?
I've read the booklet online and it lists things like ISAs and savings accounts, second homes, etc all being treated as dispoable capital but absolutely nothing about funds in normal bog standard current accounts?
It says you have to send in 3 x bank statements, and obviously they can see the balance but it says nowhere that this balance is taken into consideration??

I've tried to call the County Court enquiry line but on hold for ages..........

Any ideas?

Meeeep Wed 18-Jun-14 17:06:11

I think it is very much dependent on how much is in there. Funding is subject to income so your wages for example wouldn't count however if your shown to have "savings" within this account it may be taken into account. It would need to be a fair amount though.

lagoon Thu 19-Jun-14 08:16:02

Thankyou for the reply, I eventually got through and any funds left in the account at the end of the month so to speak would be viewed as disposable capital.

Meeeep Thu 19-Jun-14 09:13:12

Sorry what the post should have said was that that money had already been taken into account so won't again IYSWIM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now