Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Problems with tax credits renewal & worried about universal credit!:-(

(4 Posts)
Yummymummu010413 Sat 07-Jun-14 09:48:58

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem as me.. 3/4 weeks ago everybody I knew had received there renewal packs from tax credits unfortunately I had not so I rang up and the lady I spoke to said that it had been sent out 2 weeks ago ( this was last week) still haven't received anything so I rang back up today and spoke to somebody else who said they cannot do anything until next week which is slightly annoying as he will probably send another one out and I'll have to wait 2 weeks again to ring up to ask where it is if it doesn't turn up but by then it will be the end of the month!! I have had a lot of bad luck lately regarding work & this is my only source of income at the moment so I'm really worried I won't renew on time and I'll end up stuck! Has anyone else experienced this and had a positive outcome? Also I am worried about universal credit because I read somewhere you have to work 3 months work unpaid even if you have a child? Does that mean I will still get payments from UC or not? As I will not be able to live if that's the case!!:-(

TallyGrenshall Sat 07-Jun-14 09:56:10

Don't worry about not renewing on time, you have until the 31st of July so plenty of time just now. I only received my renewal pack this morning.

It sounds as though yours has not been issued yet because once it has been issued, they can do the renewal over the phone even if you haven't physically got the pack.

Yummymummu010413 Sat 07-Jun-14 09:59:38

It was issued before the 25th ( one of the people I spoke to told me that anyway) but when I rang up today and asked if she could do it on the phone they said no.. I feel like I'm getting messed about and just told loads of different things :-(

TallyGrenshall Sat 07-Jun-14 10:29:21

Hmmm, that's not right.

Once a renewal has been issued, the system opens up for the renewal to be completed (done it loads of times) so it can't have been issued (there would be a fixed date, not just "before the 25th")

Sadly there are lots of people put onto tax credits from other areas (CB, tax etc) that are only trained to complete renewals and nothing else which is why people are telling you different things I think because they don't know the whole system.

Having said that, please try not to panic. You have nearly 2 months to renew, plenty of time. Phone them next week and ask for the exact date it was issued

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now