Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax Credits Renewal

(37 Posts)
SnottyHankie Tue 27-May-14 19:46:29

I've just realised that I've not received my tax credits renewal forms yet. I'm sure I had them by end of April in previous years.

Before I call them, is anyone else still waiting for their forms?

Thanks.

Standinginline Tue 27-May-14 19:51:31

Everyone's seems to have been late this year. Apparently they can access your p60 now as opposed to asking you so maybe they've done that instead. I don't know I'm still waiting for mine.

Rockchick1984 Tue 27-May-14 22:06:14

I rang them about something unrelated and mentioned it, they said to expect them before the end of June.

SnottyHankie Sat 31-May-14 08:17:50

Thanks guys, I'll not bother chasing for the time being. Hate phoning them, it takes forever and it costs!

RaspberryLemonPavlova Wed 04-Jun-14 23:33:08

I've just got mine. They have definitely accessed my P60 as it has my accurate earnings on, which are different to my estimated earnings for the year.

Tealady1983 Thu 05-Jun-14 12:42:52

Has anybody renewed and had everything updated. I renewed other day wondering how long it's actually taking to process cos think they owe me money x

WeeClype Thu 05-Jun-14 13:09:45

I renewed mine last week online, today I got a lump sum in my bank. I'm still waiting on the paperwork thru the door.

It was a nice surprise as it said it could take 8 weeks, and I'm off on holiday next week so that lump sum came just at the right time.

beanynamechange Thu 05-Jun-14 13:23:46

Hang on, but worth calling maybe a week before the end of June.. Chances are that in the last week everyone Will be calling!!

beanynamechange Thu 05-Jun-14 13:24:44

And I think they are having problems anyway, the system said mine had been sent in one of the first batches, but it never got to me so they had to resend (was calling about change of income and asked after it as I was on the phone!!)

LadySybilLikesCake Thu 05-Jun-14 13:25:22

I received mine yesterday. They can access your P60 as they knew exactly how much I earned last year. I'd give it a week, then call them.

Tealady1983 Thu 05-Jun-14 17:11:09

Excellent thanks for responses. Wee I am exceptionally pleased to hear your story grin

Yummymummu010413 Sat 07-Jun-14 10:18:38

Still haven't received mine! When I rang up to ask where it was they told me it was sent out before the 25th of May & have to ring next week! Absolute joke!

McPhee Sat 07-Jun-14 12:05:15

I didn't know you could renew online. Silly question, but where? I've not received my renewal either yet.

Tealady1983 Sat 07-Jun-14 16:26:50

All details are in the pack if you've not got it i would call my first one went missing x

Fanjango Sat 07-Jun-14 16:34:09

I've not had mine either. Are they doing done automatically or is there a big problem? Hadn't even given it a thought till now

Meglet Sat 07-Jun-14 16:54:03

I've been waiting but I'm going to start chasing this week. Drives me mad because I only have the odd moment of free time to call and their phone system is criminal angry.

Fairylea Sat 07-Jun-14 16:56:49

There's a thread about this in aibu. Lots of people including myself haven't received renewal packs this time - if you have an employer they are updating automatically from them and will send you a confirmation through the post instead of a renewal pack. They gave us a lump sum of £130 and then reduced next year's payments by £10 a week. How confusing.

Meglet Sat 07-Jun-14 17:02:54

Oh, I hid AIBU a while ago.

They could have told everyone they'd changed the system this year couldn't they. I'll still ring them from monday, I've not had a tax credits problem yet and I don't quite trust them!

Fairylea Sat 07-Jun-14 17:14:25

Yes that's what confused me. I was waiting for my form and checked my bank account and I had a random payment that wasn't our usual amount and began to panic!

Meglet Mon 09-Jun-14 10:10:26

I've just called HMRC. After waiting for 20 minutes they said my renewal pack was posted 2 weeks ago so it should be here today hmm. They couldn't update my details over the phone either despite the factI had my P60 ready angry.

So, if it doesn't arrive today I have to call them again and they will re-issue it. The problem is I'm at work until Friday so I won't have time to call them. And the deadline is still 1st July.

Piss up in a brewery this year. I want to know who changed it and why <<starts to compose serious letter to HMRC>>.

Tealady1983 Mon 09-Jun-14 12:03:18

Ring them up tell them you've got it. If it's been sent they won't know you haven't x

greeneggsandjam Tue 10-Jun-14 22:16:35

I have not received my renewal forms yet. Anyone else and when do I panic?

mejon Wed 11-Jun-14 13:24:52

I've not received ours yet but not panicking as I think they were pretty late last year. I'm somewhat relieved to see that they can access your P60 as I've noticed the past few weeks that the WTC payment has been around £15pw less than it was. This would make sense as I think DH's earnings have been slightly higher than we anticipated though it doesn't take account of any pension contributions he's made. Hoping it'll sort itself out. I've tried ringing to find out what's happening but I'm getting the 'we're very busy' message whatever time of the day I call.

napoleonsnose Wed 11-Jun-14 13:32:15

I've had mine, although not got round to sending it back yet. I wondered how they knew my exact earnings for last year - didn't know they could access your P60. My DH's earnings are not on the renewal form though which I thought was a bit strange and there is nowhere to fill them in on the paperwork.

McPhee Thu 12-Jun-14 13:04:56

Still nothing here confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now