Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Moved house, no money, benefits taking ages, partner has lost his job

(7 Posts)
LittleBlondeNinja Sun 09-Feb-14 17:24:10

Please anyone just give me some support - I feel so alone.

Moved from my home town 1 hour away to partners hometown on 3rd Dec 2013, his mum is loosing her house and has moved out we have moved in with views on buying it. So I now live in his mums old house rent free until we buy it - BUT partner lost his job on Wednesday which has messed everything up. If the house isn't brought buy us it needs to be sold by a certain date or it gets taken by the bank....
So, money = nil
House = Nil
Partner job = Nil
Benefits of 196 a week taking ages to come through 3 weeks approx.
Food is running about
Literally 20 in the bank
No savings as had to go on moving and repairs to house...
In a mess.

God. what am I going to do

NomDePrune Sun 09-Feb-14 21:33:52

Hi, sorry nobody has replied to you yet, just wanted to give you some moral support. What else is going on? do you have DCs? Are you working? Will the benefit people give you a hardship loan - has your partner been to sign on?

expatinscotland Sun 09-Feb-14 21:36:10

Hardship and crisis loans from the DWP no longer exist, Nom, unfortunately.

See the Job Centre for a foodbank referral.

honeybunny14 Sun 09-Feb-14 21:36:21

I think there is a crisis number if you are really stuggling you should be able to get it on the direct gov page.

expatinscotland Sun 09-Feb-14 21:36:38

How were you planning on buying this home with no deposit to put down for the mortgage?

NachoAddict Sun 09-Feb-14 22:01:02

The benefits people will refer you to a food bank. Sorry your in this situation. My dp has been made redundant too.

Has he got redundancy pay due?

coffeebiscuit Mon 10-Feb-14 18:03:53

Crisis loans have been replaced by local schemes administered by your council. Had to get one a few weeks ago due to similar benefits delay. Contact your council not the DWP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now