Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MATERNITY PAY FOR TEMP WORKER who has worked less than 26 weeks.

(4 Posts)
TKKW Sun 09-Feb-14 11:19:15

Hi, hope someone can help as I just cant find info anywhere to relate to my circumstances.

I was job seeking for 13 months (signed on although only got JSA for 6 months) when I got a temp contract for 8 weeks. This ended on 6th December and then the 14th Jan I started a new contract for a new company. I intend to work until april, so i will have worked about 10-12 weeks.

DH is a higher rate tax payer. We don't receive any child benefit for DC1.

I dont think I will qualify for any sort of maternity allowance but a lady at work said there was some benefit I could get for 3 months only.

Does anyone know anything?

addictedtosugar Sun 09-Feb-14 11:45:12

How many weeks have you worked in the past 66 weeks? You've had the 8 week contract, and 10-12 weeks in this post. Where you working before you started looking fora job, or were you looking after your oldest?

you may get maternity allowance

If you don't get MA, this list (I've guestmated loads of details!) will let you know what you might be entitled to

TKKW Sun 09-Feb-14 17:04:07

In the past 66 weeks Ive worked only the 8 weeks and when I finish in April, it will total to 20 weeks work since I left my job in August 2012.

I dont get a penny, do I?

Thanks addicted.

addictedtosugar Sun 09-Feb-14 19:09:06

Have you looked at the second link? Anything in there you might get?

Or, when is you actual due date? Can you manage another 6 weeks of work before due date - maybe with excessive use of holiday to make it easier on you?

Good Luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now