Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Do I need to manually check lottery tickets bought online?

(4 Posts)
Fiona2011231 Sat 08-Feb-14 09:27:31

I would appreciate your advice on this topic.

If you buy lottery tickets online (National Lottery site), do you still need to check the results manually? I understand that you will be automatically notified if you win anything. But can you trust this, or will you miss anything?

Thank you

ShatnersBassoon Sat 08-Feb-14 09:29:06

You'll get an email telling you to check your account. You don't need to think about it.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Sat 08-Feb-14 09:31:07

I dont know. It claims to notify you and certainly I have been notified. It also goes straight intomy lottery account and shows in the balance.

How do we know if we actually won a big prize? Well, I dont think we can unless we do check every ticket. But I am sure if anyone had ever experienced something it would have been all over the papers!

Scotmum83 Sat 15-Feb-14 20:36:07

I always get an email when I've won something. It's all very exciting until you realise you've won £2 lol!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now