Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Do I need to manually check lottery tickets bought online?

(4 Posts)
Fiona2011231 Sat 08-Feb-14 09:27:31

I would appreciate your advice on this topic.

If you buy lottery tickets online (National Lottery site), do you still need to check the results manually? I understand that you will be automatically notified if you win anything. But can you trust this, or will you miss anything?

Thank you

ShatnersBassoon Sat 08-Feb-14 09:29:06

You'll get an email telling you to check your account. You don't need to think about it.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Sat 08-Feb-14 09:31:07

I dont know. It claims to notify you and certainly I have been notified. It also goes straight intomy lottery account and shows in the balance.

How do we know if we actually won a big prize? Well, I dont think we can unless we do check every ticket. But I am sure if anyone had ever experienced something it would have been all over the papers!

Scotmum83 Sat 15-Feb-14 20:36:07

I always get an email when I've won something. It's all very exciting until you realise you've won £2 lol!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now