Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Credit card transfer alongside mortgage application

(3 Posts)
frazzeled Fri 07-Feb-14 13:42:58

Advise would be appreciated - we are remortgaging, all details done, formal offer been given etc. it is due to all be completed 6th march. Meanwhile I need to transfer a small amount on a credit card to another 0 percent card. If i do this now would it in anyway affect the mortgage we've been offered? Should have combined it with the mortgage I know but too late to do that now. It's about £500.

Thank you!

We had a nightmare with our new mortgage because we had also recently set up new bank accounts and moved about credit cards. We were advised it is best not to make any kind of changes when dealing with a mortgage application as the underwriter will query every little thing. Even us transferring money to our savings account was scrutinised.

sarahann1211112 Tue 11-Feb-14 18:33:52

I would say it would be highly unlikely to affect anything but if you are worried call your mortgage company and ask them, also if you have had a bad credit record in the past it maybe best to wait as each credit card application is listed on your credit history (apparently).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now