Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI - letter received… has anyone claimed before?

(10 Posts)
SnowBells Fri 11-Apr-14 17:06:51

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone...

PPI Claim has been upheld!!! The extra cash is much needed, now that we're trying to buy a house...

grin grin grin

ShatnersBassoon Fri 07-Feb-14 15:47:33

They will acknowledge your claim within a week, then a couple of months to let you know the outcome of the claim.

SnowBells Fri 07-Feb-14 13:47:03

Sent it. Let's see what happens...

How long does it take to get a reply???

This is w/ Halifax.

GinSoakedMisery Thu 06-Feb-14 21:23:59

No, they'll have it on file.

I think you can claim up to 10 years ago now, worth trying the credit card one.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 06-Feb-14 21:16:58

They've contacted you, you just need to send the form back and let them do the maths. They have the records.

SnowBells Thu 06-Feb-14 21:13:33

OK. Will send it off tomorrow.

I don't have the policy documents anymore - is that bad? The loan was taken over 5 years ago, and about three house moves later, a lot of paper work was lost. The form does have the loan account number, and identifier on it.

I really did not know I had PPI! I kept on hearing about it, but didn't think I was affected.

I remember a credit card I had about 8-9 years ago having PPI, and I had to call them up and cancel the PPI. Unfortunately, that's too late to claim back now.

GinSoakedMisery Thu 06-Feb-14 21:08:49

I claimed last year for two loans I had years ago, got £4,400 back (they also give you 8% interest) which was a godsend.

Do it, do it yourself not through a company, it's really easy.

callamia Thu 06-Feb-14 21:08:35

Do it! I got a grand and a half from HSBC.
It's easy and you lose nothing.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 06-Feb-14 21:07:17

Thousands of people have claimed successfully. You'd be daft not to.

SnowBells Thu 06-Feb-14 21:04:03

I got a letter from Halifax, saying I took out PPI with a loan (loan was approx. £7k), and whether I wanted to make a claim and fill in the form.

I did not even realize I took out PPI!!! And that the PPI was front-loaded!!! How can this be?

So I filled the form in. Is there anything I need to be wary of? Has anyone actually got anything back?!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now