Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Debt Relief Order

(3 Posts)
guinnessgirl Wed 05-Feb-14 09:20:05

Hi Nattie. I work for a debt charity and we do lots of DROs. I would advise you to seek independent, free advice about this - it's the only way to know for sure one way or another and you need a qualified intermediary to be sure you're getting the right information. Try contacting CAB, Christians Against Poverty or Stepchange - all offer free advice and you will never be advised to actually enter into a DRO unless it's the right thing for you. Hope that helps x

guinnessgirl Wed 05-Feb-14 09:20:00

Hi Nattie. I work for a debt charity and we do lots of DROs. I would advise you to seek independent, free advice about this - it's the only way to know for sure one way or another and you need a qualified intermediary to be sure you're getting the right information. Try contacting CAB, Christians Against Poverty or Stepchange - all offer free advice and you will never be advised to actually enter into a DRO unless it's the right thing for you. Hope that helps x

Nattie87 Sat 01-Feb-14 11:12:19

Hi all, I need some advice ....

I'm considering on taking a DRO out (DebtRelifOrder) I have debts that are less than £15,000 & have no assets, no car etc. I got into debt trouble when I was young & stupid. But now I have to young daughters & have grown up a lot. I'm a single mum on benefits & just can't afford to pay the monthly instalments, hence why I'm considering taking a DRO out.
There's only 1 thing that's stopping me & that's whether taking this DRO out will prevent me & my 2 daughters from moving abroad to the USA in about 5yrs .... My family live out there & want me to move there now, but I don't want to leave debts over here in the UK.
So can anyone give me any advice on this please
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now