Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Partner been made redundant

(4 Posts)
laura20 Mon 20-Jan-14 07:27:45

Hi,

I just need some info really. My partner was made redundant last week and I'm currently on statuary maternity leave. I earn £15k a year. We are currently entitled to £80 child benefit, £230 child tax credits and £3 a month working tax credits. When I ring the inland revenue to report the change has anyone any idea whether these amounts will go up or down?

Also will my payments be delayed with a change? As I am on a strict budget at the moment and have all bills set up to come out on correct dates so there is enough money to cover so this would cause a problem.

CouthyMow Mon 20-Jan-14 07:39:09

Change is unlikely to happen until April. Then they will look at your combined annual income and give you extra NEXT financial year. It's going to be a tight few months for you, I'm afraid.

laura20 Mon 20-Jan-14 07:54:45

Thanks very much. Do you think the benefits I'm receiving at the moment are correct, I have queried about the £3 a month working tax credits but they said that is correct.

CouthyMow Mon 20-Jan-14 08:04:58

Yes, because they are taking into account both your partner's wages and your maternity pay. The full amount of WTC is reduced by 60p for every £1 over £16,000 of your combined total earnings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now