Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is this right as calculation of CSA maintenance ?

(4 Posts)
littlepurplealien Sat 18-Jan-14 07:58:43

OH salary package is made up of salary with roughly another 10% being paid as "car allowance" although this is still taxable salary, just shown separately on each payslip.

He expects to only apply the relevant CSA % to the amount specified as gross salary on the payslip, not the car allowance even though it's still taxable pay and says "but that's essential money for me to run a car which is required by my employer in order to earn a salary to start with". I too have to run a car to be able to do my job properly but my employer doesn't split my salary down in this way as I get reimbursed for actual mileage for business trips.

I'm not expecting him to factor in the private healthcare or any other benefits he gets but I don't think I'm being unreasonable to expect him not to wriggle out of including the 10% of his salary classed as "car allowance". I'm also concerned that his employer offers a range of salary sacrifice options, many of which he hasn't yet taken up but is now apparently considering as it reduces taxable pay and presumably the amount of CSA maintenance.

Is it also true that he can increase his personal pension contributions as much as he likes and this will reduce the amount of child maintenance he pays ?

I suppose I'm expecting too much of him to be decent about this instead of using every loophole to ensure we are I am left with a low income lifestyle with him being the one the dc will look to for holidays/luxuries etc.

littlepurplealien Mon 20-Jan-14 07:43:14

Anyone ?

TheDoctrineOf2014 Mon 20-Jan-14 07:51:23

If the CSA are involved in the admin, won't they just tell his employer which elements it applies to?

By the way, is he also reimbursed for mileage?

littlepurplealien Mon 20-Jan-14 09:33:22

He does also get paid mileage but a low rate to reimburse for diesel used.

I understand CSA are going to start charging the recipient for using the "service" so was hoping to avoid doing anything other than using their % guidelines published online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now