Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child benefit number

(9 Posts)
17leftfeet Fri 17-Jan-14 08:20:03

I rang them a few weeks ago and was given the number over the phone

Mine used to show on my bank statement so chech that

Mine used to show on my bank statement so chech that

Doughnut123 Fri 17-Jan-14 08:02:51

Thanks everyone.

lisbapalea Fri 17-Jan-14 00:38:06

It's detailed as the reference number on your bank statement - I found mine by logging onto my online banking.

SoonToBeSix Fri 17-Jan-14 00:28:52

Ring quickly though as they will not tell you over the phone. They post it out and it takes at least a couple of weeks.

Doughnut123 Thu 16-Jan-14 23:52:41

Thanks. I will give them a call.

Rockchick1984 Thu 16-Jan-14 23:43:41

Ring them, or look on any letter they have sent you as it will be at the top of all documents they send you.

Doughnut123 Thu 16-Jan-14 21:45:57

I am applying for child tax credit and need my child benefit number for the forms. However, I cannot find the documents with the number on. I have tried sending a message to the child benefit department, asking for it, without success. Does anyone have any other suggestions please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now