Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can I be chased for a debt that was over 8 years ago?

(6 Posts)
Susyb30 Wed 08-Jan-14 22:59:53

Im so worried, today I got a letter from Robinson way asking me (for validation purposes) to confirm I was the person adressed to (I am). The adress where the debt supposedly occurred was an address I was at at least 8 years ago! I also have no idea what the debt is for, but could be a bank debt. Should I ignore? Also I have no idea how they got the address im at now..I live with partner and mortgage is in his name, anyone help?

NatashaBee Wed 08-Jan-14 23:02:00

Do you have any unpaid debts?

Susyb30 Wed 08-Jan-14 23:20:18

I think possibly a bank debt, but it was 10 years ago, iv moved so many times since then, im not sure how on earth this company got hold of me

5OBalesofHay Wed 08-Jan-14 23:25:33

If you owe money then try to arrange a payment plan. You must know?

Susyb30 Wed 08-Jan-14 23:41:31

The letter didnt say about what debt it was, all I know is it was 10 years since I was at that address, can I be pursued for something that long ago?

SandyDilbert Wed 08-Jan-14 23:47:47

probably statute barred, if it is your actual debt? They are vultures anyway, chances are it isn't your debt at all and they are fishing.

Info Here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now