Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mortgage with Virgin Money

(10 Posts)
MK2014 Mon 06-Jan-14 13:11:47

Hello. Is someone able to help me with this one, please? I recently applied for a mortgage with Virgin Money. My broker said that the underwriters have looked at it as they kept asking for more information. Virgin has now instructed a valuation. Does anyone know if this means all is progressing well and that providing the valuation comes back OK, I will be offered the mortgage? This is stressing me out so much! Is there a chance that even if the valuation comes back OK I will still get turned down and lose the money I already paid? Thank you so much if you could help me with this one. You feedback is much apreciated.

vicki2010 Tue 07-Jan-14 13:26:16

Was recently in the same boat, once our valuation was instructed the mortgage offer should follow shortly. I was extremely anxious about it falling through and rang the bank regularly to see what stage we were at and they always were happy to tell me, you will need the mortgage roll number which you should have on correspondence from them, good luck!!

MK2014 Tue 07-Jan-14 16:38:21

Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease. I just cant help worrying about. Dont seem to think of much else at the moment.

vicki2010 Fri 10-Jan-14 11:07:09

Wondered how you were getting on and if you had called them?

MK2014 Fri 10-Jan-14 12:28:56

Hi. My broker told me that I have to wait until the valuation is done (being done this monday) and hopefuly they will send the offer after that. I am presuming the underwritters would have assessed the application before carrying out the valuation. Fingers crossed! Please let me know if you believe this to be different. Can't imagine they would spend our money on the valuation without having a good idea that we have a very good chance of bein accepted. Then again, stranger things have been known to happen. What do you think?

vicki2010 Fri 10-Jan-14 20:23:06

That sounds about right, same as us. Valuation carried out on the wed and I called the bank on the fri and they said offer was being sent by post, good luck!

MK2014 Wed 15-Jan-14 18:02:13

Hi. Been told by my broker today that the mortgage offer is in the post! Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease. Presumably we have gone through the toughest bit! We are so relieved!

vicki2010 Wed 15-Jan-14 20:30:59

Yay that's brilliant! I have been checking the thread to see if you had replied yet! I'm so pleased for you, I don't even know you I just remember how stressful it was for us and how it took over our life, well done and good luck for the future! grin

MK2014 Thu 16-Jan-14 18:38:52

Thank you. You did help me a lot on a very stressful time. All the best to you too!

one2one Sat 13-Sep-14 13:43:35

Hi, im just in a process in applying for a mortgage, my broker wants to go with virgin but I've heard they are very strict and can take ages. What documents did they ask for and what additional doc did they wants from you? Please somebody help me if I should go ahead with virgin..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now