Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Household income

(169 Posts)
GuernseyTeddy Mon 16-Dec-13 11:14:54

Just spent the morning cancelling mobile contract, car insurance, contact lenses and any other monthly expenses, ahead of my maternity allowance ending in Feb.

As of 16 feb I will have 0 money at all. All because DP is a higher rate tax payer. No child benefit, no tax credit. Nothing. Similarly because of DPs wage, I can't afford to go back to work as it would cost me money after childcare deductions due to not being eligible for tax credits.

Insane position where I'm being assessed on money that isn't mine.

BranchingOut Mon 23-Dec-13 12:06:19

Hope all is well.

HaroldTheGoat Mon 23-Dec-13 11:55:50

Hope you are now with your dad OP thanks

Hermione123 Sun 22-Dec-13 17:16:22

Hope you got away from him op. He sounds appalling and agree csa, and a new plan away from him sounds great.

tribpot Sun 22-Dec-13 17:02:55

The 2K is after tax and CSA payments have been deducted, not after bills, learnasyougo. However, I suspect that even if there was 2 grand sloshing around in the family budget after bills had been paid the OP would still have no cash sad

learnasyougo Sun 22-Dec-13 16:59:40

only 2k after tax and bills? that is more than our GROSS family income (2 adults, one toddler and one on the way. you need to have a serious word with him.

Clargo55 Sun 22-Dec-13 16:57:30

Hope you are doing ok OP. Thinking of you and DS x

Sarahplane Sun 22-Dec-13 16:45:27

I hope you and your ds are now safely at your parents

Viviennemary Sun 22-Dec-13 16:37:09

You are either a couple where both of you are responsible financially for each other and your children or single people. I just can't grasp how you think you have no money when your partner earns £60K per annum.

finallydelurking Sun 22-Dec-13 09:40:24

How horrible, really hoping the op comes back to say her and her ds are safe with her Dad.

Cannot imagine why this charming man split from his previous wife and is having to go to court to see his daughter hmm

Hope your dad's on his way now, or maybe even there. Good luck.

Ah yes good, I got confused

tribpot Sun 22-Dec-13 08:31:00

Stealth, I think the OP's dad is coming today. Early doors, I hope.

Can your dad not come today? It's an emergency

tribpot Sun 22-Dec-13 07:22:40

Hope you got through the night. Today you need just to go.

Elfina Sat 21-Dec-13 20:43:01

Please try and leave.

Damnautocorrect Sat 21-Dec-13 16:34:37

Am I going bonkers in thinking the law changed recently to include financial abuse?

Wibblypiglikesbananas Sat 21-Dec-13 15:05:28

Is is no time to delay - just get out of there! You can do it.

hotair Sat 21-Dec-13 14:52:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clam Sat 21-Dec-13 13:50:02

Do you have any friends you could go to for today and overnight?

clam Sat 21-Dec-13 13:49:24

Got to this thread too late. Was just about to say for God's sake hide your phone!
Hope you're safe.

GuernseyTeddy Sat 21-Dec-13 13:40:12

I'm not letting my son out of my sight today, and I'll be sleeping on the floor in his room again tonight.

Am pretty scared but it's only one more night and then my dad will be here. Don't think he'll try and force him off me - work in finance so can't have any criminal record etc, and secondly he's going through family court proceedings for his daughter and an assault conviction would be flagged up by safeguarding.

tribpot Sat 21-Dec-13 13:34:55

Why was it possible for him to read your texts? You need to be much more wary than this.

Can your dad fetch you today? You're now in a state of war.

It's unlikely he could persuade the police that you were abducting your own child but the same is also true in reverse. I would phone Women's Aid today to talk about ways you can prevent him from leaving with your son.

Please take care of yourself. This is the riskiest time.

LIZS Sat 21-Dec-13 13:31:56

Is there a local Travelodge or even call Women's Aid to get out until your dad comes. Police won't stop you leaving and he'll look a prat.

OpheliasWeepingWillow Sat 21-Dec-13 13:29:55

And don't leave him alone with your child.

Worried about you.

OpheliasWeepingWillow Sat 21-Dec-13 13:28:03

He won't allow it? OK YOU call the police. Get out for a walk and use your mobile or find a phone box. Get to a neighbours house or wait until he is asleep and get out of there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now