Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits

(2 Posts)
flowersno1 Sat 30-Nov-13 12:49:05

Hi i took on a new job back in August as money was so tight , my hubby is self employed and finding it difficult just like other self employed people across the Uk so i got a small part time job to help.
I did not declare it to the tax credit people as Christmas was on its way and i did not want to be struggling even more . I planned on declaring my income from my job once we had the tax stuff back from the accountants.
Well that time has come and our business has made a incredible loss in profits basically the profits from the business has gone down . I earn £67.50 a week and our credits are £22.00 a week . The wages from the business due to me and my hubby are about £13,000 . So what happens when i ring the tax credit people on Monday . I estimated our income at about £23,000 back in July ? Thank you .

RedHelenB Sat 30-Nov-13 12:54:58

They'll talk you through it BUT you are expected to tell them if you start working.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now