Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Benefit.

(4 Posts)
kyria Sun 24-Nov-13 14:41:07

Hi..My daughter has just turned 18 and she is in 6th form doing A Levels.
Could someone please tell me if her Child Benefit money will now be stopped, if not, do I have to inform them that she has stayed on in 6th form at school..

Thankyou for any advice.

Rascalls3 Sun 24-Nov-13 15:05:40

Sorry can't remember exact rules but child benefit stopped for my eldest the August (aprox) before she went to uni. She was 18. I think it carries on until they are 19 if they are at college/further education, but not uni as they get student finance etc. Hope that makes sense. I remember getting a letter regarding child benefit a few months before it was stopped.

kyria Sun 24-Nov-13 16:44:27

Hi Guys..Thankyou for your help..Ill have to look into it a bit more..I know what you mean about uni. Dont think my son got it though after 18 when he was retaking his A levels at school, maybe I missed out there.

Thanks again for help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now