Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Work Programme Providers - ESA

(6 Posts)
SallyB1985 Tue 19-Nov-13 13:46:58

First of all, hello to everyone out there - this is my first post and since I've always read some good advice on here I thought I would mention something that is concerning me. I was referred to a Work Programme provider in Redditch, Worcestershire earlier this summer; I am claiming ESA for mental health problems, however I have now been placed on the work related activity group, so have to attend Shaw Trust once a fortnight as a minimum. My advisor is causing me a great deal of concern; least of all is the fact that she knows absolutely nothing at all and doesn't seem to have a single clue as to how to do her job. She is an ex nurse and has attempted to provide me with dubious medical advice, which I obviously rejected. When I couldn't attened an appointment due to illness, she informed me that if I missed the next one they would 'stop my money'. Even though they cant do any such thing.

Anyway, I like to research my providers / advisors and unfortunately, I found this:

www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/birmingham-nurse-struck-off-for-snapping-two-126543

My advisor told me that she stopped being a nurse due to the long hours. It seems not. If she's lied to me and probably countless others, has she lied to get her job in the first place?

I dont want any retaliation from her or her colleagues so dont know what to do with this?

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 19-Nov-13 15:14:04

I'm not sure this is in the right place. However, if you have concerns about someone's competence or appropriateness in a role. the correct route is to talk to their line manager. Failing that, perhaps your MP would be interested.

Perhaps ask your local Citizens Advice Bureau? It may be easier for them to write a 'concerned professional' type letter without sounding aggrieved.

Find your local CAB by putting yourpostcode in here: www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice.htm

RedHelenB Tue 19-Nov-13 16:54:31

Is being a nurse a requirement of THIS job? If not, I don't really see the issue tbh. She has already been disciplined & lost her career.

ShawTrust Wed 20-Nov-13 12:16:57

We would be interested to discuss your comments further. Please could you let us have your contact details so that a senior manager can speak with you about this? Thank you

NumptyNameChange Wed 20-Nov-13 12:21:14

why would you need her contact details? i wouldn't give them out if i was you OP. they can PM you with a number to call them if they want to speak to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now