Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Cash for clothes

(5 Posts)
Willthisworknow Sat 16-Nov-13 13:15:58

Anyone had experience of this? Tried magpie but its too much effort. Thinking of the ones who give you money per kg of reasonable clothes. i have loads that for one reason or another are lovely but just do not seem to sell on ebay. I need to raise cash for Christmas and even if its only £7 a big bag - fair enough. any reputable ones out there?

Yonididnaedaethat Sat 16-Nov-13 14:27:39

I took 4 black bags to my local one, only got £7.20 for everything. My bags were kids clothing tho you'll prob get a wee bit more for adult stuff.

Preciousbane Sat 16-Nov-13 18:33:11

They do it by weight, going rate for the one in my town is £5 for 10kg, so really not very much. I took two bags and got 8.20, one was very heavy as it had a pair of wellies in it.

BlueMonday17 Sun 17-Nov-13 00:19:44

Companies vary widely - some near us check for holes etc, others don't; some only give you cash for whole kilos, others give you exact weight cash (eg at 50p a kilo one company might give you only 50 p if you give them a 1.5kg bag while next door they'd give you 75p for the same weight).

Also worth checking prices and whether they take household textiles (curtains, towels etc) and if they offer a better price for any brand new clothes (my sis did surprisingly well recently with loads of boxed, brand new tights found in a cupboard when clearing out our gran's house).

Good luck!

Mitzag Wed 20-Nov-13 21:55:46

I am selling a beautiful kidsaw girls furniture(pink with hearts) ,google to see the images. I have 2 single feet beds and matching wardrobes. Only 3 years old and In perfect used condition? Quick sale needed as will have my new furniture very soon. Viewings welcome, b31 area. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now