Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tesco vouchers help please

(16 Posts)

In the past when I've tried to save my tesco vouchers I've been told they've expired so for the last couple of years I've been using them for the food shops rather than waste them.

I've noticed other people manage to buy big items with them (hudl etc) by saving them up and doubling up or something.

Can someone please explain how they do this and also how come they don't expire?

TheNumberfaker Thu 14-Nov-13 10:10:16

They usually have an expiry date printed on them. The amount you spend on shopping will determine the amount of vouchers you get back so perhaps others are spending more on shopping than you?
I usually keep mine in date order and then get some restaurant vouchers if they're due to expire.

I do not get vouchers during the year, I am in the Christmas saver thing, so I get them all in November. Then I take them in store and double them up for whatever department I need.

The numberfaker they seem to save them up from all yeah but
Tantrums may have the answer

Will need to find out more about it

Ok I've found it
Thanks

TheNumberfaker Thu 14-Nov-13 10:20:13

If you go onto the clubcard website and set up an account with your clubcard number you'll see your vouchers listed. We managed to get £60 off our new tv through tesco direct.

Ooh and I've just found £25 worth of vouchers I didn't know I had grin

LittleTulip Thu 14-Nov-13 20:56:52

I've just purchased lots of lingerie from Figleaves with mine smile

Splatt34 Fri 15-Nov-13 08:06:50

They are valid for 2 years. you can see what you have by setting up an account online. I always swap mine for deals as you get more. oe £10 becomes £40 on days out or at various restaurants, or £20 off train tickets or select items at double up time

Splatt34 Fri 15-Nov-13 08:06:55

They are valid for 2 years. you can see what you have by setting up an account online. I always swap mine for deals as you get more. oe £10 becomes £40 on days out or at various restaurants, or £20 off train tickets or select items at double up time

Oh train tickets?

TheNumberfaker Fri 15-Nov-13 09:23:54

Last time I looked at train tickets it was via a reseller (knapsack something? ) and a wee bit more expensive than trainline.
The double up deals and 4x offers will always be better than just cash off your shopping though!

Splatt34 Fri 15-Nov-13 17:46:39

Train tickets via redspottedhanky, exact same price as trainline every time I've used them.

CrystalTits Fri 15-Nov-13 17:50:31

Or if you're interested in train tickets you can use Clubcard vouchers as payment for the full value of a Friends & Family Railcard...

LeeLooDallasMultiPass Sat 16-Nov-13 09:01:12

We use a portion of ours to pay for RAC cover, so every year it saves me spending £250! shock We have used Tesco vouchers for this for about 5 years.

We have a Tesco credit card which we use for everything we possibly can to get the vouchers. We pay the credit card off every month though. We don't actually shop in Tesco but still get points wherever we shop.

We have just had a kitchen extension built and used the credit card to pay for the kitchen, appliances, flooring, the garden was made over so we paid for the sandstone patio with the card. We haven't got a huge limit we just buy on it and pay loads off to free up more credit ie the money is in our savings account to pay for stuff but we use the card to its full benefit.

We use it for magazine subscriptions, RAC, days out (legoland would have cost us over £100 if we hadn't used vouchers,) jewellery, restaurants, and recently it paid for all our bathroom tiling because Topps Tiles was on the deals!

Oh and buying things from Tesco direct when they "double up" so eg I was looking at a kitchen aid but they are £300 if I paid for it in cold hard cash, but I only need £150 of Tesco vouchers to get it now or I can use as many vouchers towards it as I like. So If I only had £50 in vouchers, it gets doubled to £100 so the kitchen aid would cost me £200.

I never use it against a food shop because online I can get that £10 voucher to be either £30 or £40 <skinflint>

Maverick66 Wed 20-Nov-13 17:22:43

I saved my tesco vouchers from 2011 MISTAKENLY thinking I cud have them reissued I was saving them to buy something special for my daughters 18th BUT they won't reissue them and I've lost 50 pounds in vouchers OR £150.00 in Goldsmith vouchers sad sad sad how thick am I? Answers on a post card please lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now