Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Jsa and working under 16 hours

(2 Posts)
bananananacoconuts Thu 07-Nov-13 20:05:47

Starting a job on Monday after receiving jsa for 3 months, job is in a school canteen and hours are over the lunch time period. Contracted hours are less than the magic 16 BUT as the hours are in the middle of the day, does anyone know what will happen wrt my job seekers agreement. I cannot work before 8am or after 6pm due to being a LP with no family support so realistically the only jobs I can apply for are after school cleaning jobs for 1.5-2 hours and they don't often come up in this small town. Don't want to be sanctioned for not abiding by the job seekers agreement but I cannot apply for 3 jobs a week. As an example, there have been 5 cleaning jobs advertised in the last 4 weeks in my area and they were all for morning cleaners!
Does anyone know if I will receive a new job seekers agreement and will have more flexibility in the amount of jobs I apply for? Or would it be better to drop the jsa and be £20 a week worse off?
TIA

NicknameIncomplete Fri 08-Nov-13 09:08:59

You are still expected to apply for any job that is available whether you are working or not. You wont get a new agreement and you still have to be available to attend your signing on time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now