Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Money From Ex? Whats A Normal Rate etc....

(4 Posts)
butterfly1986 Wed 06-Nov-13 19:18:01

Me and my ex have split during pregnancy but maintain an excellent relationship...
Assisting me to all appointments, financially supported me throughout preg with 200.00 per month....

After baby here... due jan 2014 i will be main parent, living apart, is the same amount of money still okay to ask for?

This would be a great help, just i dont know what to expect

First time mummy - totally unplanned - wouldnt change a thing however!!

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 06-Nov-13 21:21:18

Check the CSA calculator on their website for an idea how much would be fair then talk to him about setting up a regular payment. FWIW even if you are friendly now, it may be worth having the agreement formalised. As time passes and people have other priorities, verbal agreements can be easily forgotten

Scruffyhound Thu 07-Nov-13 00:54:39

Yes get it in writting. And if he did stop payments you need to get child maint onto him. Sounds harsh. Me and my ex split up and he gave me £50 a month for our only child. He was on £35k and I was on £14k. I left the house and asked for 1/2 the equity. I wish I had of done it properly now sad but anyway it was sorted. When I checked the child maint he was supposed to give me £250 pm. So I asked child maint they enquired and he paid it and still does. Good luck with your baby. Thats one good thing to come out of any failed relationship, children.

RedHelenB Thu 07-Nov-13 17:00:57

If he's supporting you through pregnancy financially ( which legally he doesn't have to do) then i see no reason why he won't when his child is here. It should be at least 15% of his net wages. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now