Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Warning when switching energy suppliers

(8 Posts)
HH70 Tue 05-Nov-13 12:21:56

Remember to double check you have cancelled all Standing Orders and Direct Debits.
We switched from E.On SIX years ago and I have just discovered they have continued to take money from our account all this time.
Not only have they said I am not entitled to compensation - they still have not refunded my money which is now some £6,000!!!

DeathByLaundry Tue 05-Nov-13 12:25:53

How on earth could you not notice for 6 years? shock

duckyfuzz Tue 05-Nov-13 12:35:11

What she said!

LadyKooKoo Tue 05-Nov-13 12:45:32

What they said!

RevelsRoulette Tue 05-Nov-13 12:47:30

Bloody hell. It took you six years to notice? I'm a bit jealous that you have so much money you didn't notice this for 6 years grin

But seriously, I'd be contacting the CAB and getting them to help get your money back and push for a payment for interest or something.

okthen Tue 05-Nov-13 12:49:03

Maybe try contacting a consumer programme eg You & Yours (radio 4) or Rip Off Britain (BBC1)?

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 05-Nov-13 14:32:08

Contact the ombudsman to get your money refunded and please check your accounts much more regularly than every six years....

AchyFox Fri 15-Nov-13 13:38:03

Can I supply you with some energy ? <hopeful>grin

You should get interest of £500+.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now