Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Warning when switching energy suppliers

(8 Posts)
HH70 Tue 05-Nov-13 12:21:56

Remember to double check you have cancelled all Standing Orders and Direct Debits.
We switched from E.On SIX years ago and I have just discovered they have continued to take money from our account all this time.
Not only have they said I am not entitled to compensation - they still have not refunded my money which is now some £6,000!!!

DeathByLaundry Tue 05-Nov-13 12:25:53

How on earth could you not notice for 6 years? shock

duckyfuzz Tue 05-Nov-13 12:35:11

What she said!

LadyKooKoo Tue 05-Nov-13 12:45:32

What they said!

RevelsRoulette Tue 05-Nov-13 12:47:30

Bloody hell. It took you six years to notice? I'm a bit jealous that you have so much money you didn't notice this for 6 years grin

But seriously, I'd be contacting the CAB and getting them to help get your money back and push for a payment for interest or something.

okthen Tue 05-Nov-13 12:49:03

Maybe try contacting a consumer programme eg You & Yours (radio 4) or Rip Off Britain (BBC1)?

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 05-Nov-13 14:32:08

Contact the ombudsman to get your money refunded and please check your accounts much more regularly than every six years....

AchyFox Fri 15-Nov-13 13:38:03

Can I supply you with some energy ? <hopeful>grin

You should get interest of £500+.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now