Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

paying nursery fee

(6 Posts)

Nursery fee was due to come out of bank on the same day that i got paid, and it seems it tried coming out before wages went in. So it didn't come out.

Phoned the nursery and they said just make a payment via my online banking. I have a standing order set up with them so there is an account number and sort code that shows.

Now because I'm a scaredy cat, and because it is a lot of money to go missing. It will work right? Obviously i will title it with my child's name so they know whose payment it is. I'm not going to get charged twice because i have a standing order set up with them, am i?

I hate banking stuff.

CogitoEerilySpooky Fri 01-Nov-13 08:49:40

It'll work. A lot of online transactions these days are high-speed so you'll be able to see it has gone through

elvisola Fri 01-Nov-13 08:54:39

Be careful, with my bank if a standing order fails it will try again over the next day or 2 and come out when the money is available. If you pay by transfer today cancel the existing standing order and reset it again for next month, just in case it goes twice as reclaiming it will take time and hassle.

Excellent, thank you both.

nextphase Fri 01-Nov-13 09:14:18

If your worried, you could write a cheque?
Nursery have "canceled" DS1's payment twice in the last 18 months..... I've paid by debitcard, and got a receipt from them!
Somehow they have managed to maintain DS2's (more expensive) bill OK all the time.....

You could also ask the nursery if you can change the standing order so that it is paid the day after your payday, to avoid future problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now