Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Working while receiving Income Support

(6 Posts)
BruceWillisLovesMe Sun 27-Oct-13 11:09:12

I've tried googling but am unclear on how working affects your Income Support. I might have the chance to work 4 hours a week (not much I know) so would this just be taken off my IS or would I lose the whole IS because I'm working? I wouldn't be eligible for JSA because I won't be looking for extra work as these four hours would fit with a kind babysitting offer!

If you are getting IS because you are a lone parent you can earn £20 per week before DWP will take money from your benefit.
Google earnings disregard Income Support if you are getting IS for any other reason.

BruceWillisLovesMe Sun 27-Oct-13 11:21:20

Thank you! I'm a lone parent so sounds like that will apply to me. Yay that's good then! grin

Tell them though, otherwise it's grist to the goadyfucker who will inevitably report you for fraud.

BruceWillisLovesMe Sun 27-Oct-13 11:31:22

Definitely will! I'm too scared of getting into trouble not to make sure I do it all right and properly grin

NicknameIncomplete Mon 28-Oct-13 21:45:59

I get jsa & work part time. Every fortnight i have to fill out a form for my hours & how much i got paid. The first 20 pounds is disregarded.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now