Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Ex works in a garage as the MOT Tester and child support say they can do NOTHING!!!

(12 Posts)
ChishandFips33 Sun 27-Oct-13 22:19:38

If he is a bonafide MOT tester I'm guessing he will log on to Vosa when doing a test. Can he be tracked down this way? (Do you know someone who had their test done by him; his name will be on the certificate)

JustThisOnceOrTwiceOrThrice Sat 26-Oct-13 08:50:23

I knew someone who worked for the inland revenue and he said they loved getting calls about tax dodgers. They called it a kill when they got them on it.

Its weird that no one has investigated him!

I called them quite innocently about a company i had worked for not giving me a p45 or something. They asked for the name and address of the company which i told them. They looked it up and said the company wasn't listed! It had been going for years and employed about a hundred people!

A year later i heard that they had been investigated, closed down and the owner got into a lot of trouble.

I would try again.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 26-Oct-13 08:26:21

He sounds like a waste of time, really. Doesn't pay, not that bothered about seeing them. Obviously keep trying to get the cash but, in terms of a relationship with the DDs, aren't you flogging a dead horse?

Mumof3girlys Sat 26-Oct-13 08:16:00

Will def try inland rev again etc and will go out my way to get word around to his family and friends, he family are idiots though and believe his lies, his new wife's family think he is a high flying business msn with garages up and down the country!

The threat of not being able to see the girls would never work, he would just stop seeing them and until the girls decide that they no longer don't want to see him then it would not be something I could do yo them

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 26-Oct-13 06:32:41

If he still sees the children then remind him EVERY time he collects them that he owes you money. If you still know any friends or family of his, tell them he's a dead-beat Dad... embarrass him. Be persistent, make a point of it & threaten to drop contact if he doesn't cough up. He's playing dirty and I think you have to fight dirty.

LadyMedea Sat 26-Oct-13 00:20:26

Have you also reported the business to the inland revenue? That might get more action.

Mumof3girlys Sat 26-Oct-13 00:15:11

Yep see's them once I week, he didn't see them for first 2 years after we split, his choice I tired my hardest to maintain a relationship but he just stopped picking them up and even started ignoring them if we saw in in street or shop, I only let him see them now because the girls want to see there dad, they enjoy it

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 24-Oct-13 21:41:29

Does he see the DC?

Mumof3girlys Thu 24-Oct-13 18:56:33

Thing is I have been doing that every 6 months for past 4 years so presuming that they don't CARE, as they clearly has never done anything about it, I used to report him for housing benefit for first 3 years when he was claiming but again nothing happened (he stopped bl dining housing Ben 2 years ago when new wife moved in)

Thing that winds me up most is he has reported me twice about my bf who stays over 2/3 nights a week and twice I have had letters and investigators turn up in me..... When I have nothing to hide, as he doesn't live here

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 24-Oct-13 18:01:01

Definitely report him to HMRC as a tax dodger. Information here .

mercibucket Thu 24-Oct-13 17:07:09

report him to hmrc and housing benefit etc if he claims that. they will be interested

Mumof3girlys Thu 24-Oct-13 17:05:31

Why are child support so shit?

Ex owes 5 years of CSA works full time in a garage as the mot tester, he is not in the inland revenue as employed and not registered as self employed so child support say because he won't co operate and answer there letters and because he is not earning they are going to put him on a nil assessment

I have sent in photo evidence/ evidence of lifestyle etc!

What happened to CSA investigating and following people etc ?

SO PISSED OFF

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now