Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

At what point do I start getting worried about the lack of acknowledgement of my holiday deposit?

(3 Posts)
SirChenjin Fri 11-Oct-13 21:03:47

Have just paid £100 as a deposit for a holiday through a direct letting company. Company is long established, owner was extremely helpful and replied to my 2 initial queries almost instantly. Their full contact details are on the site.

Deposit paid by direct transfer from my bank account 48 hours ago, and no acknowledgement, despite me sending an email to advise. Please tell me I'm overreacting massively, that all will be fine, and that I haven't just been a complete idiot sad

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 11-Oct-13 21:31:48

The book keeper who checks the bank accounts may not be in every day - one possible explanation.

SirChenjin Fri 11-Oct-13 21:43:52

I'm not sure that they have a book keeper - it's just a couple who lease out the property through the letting company. I just spoke to DH about it and he also pointed out that she may not have received the money yet, or it may not be showing as cleared, as their bank isn't the same as money - I think it can take a few days for funds to show as cleared?

Shit - why did I not just use Paypal (you know, like you're supposed to...)?? I just can't afford to lose £100 sad

And breathe...it will be fine....it is only 48 hours...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now