Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Slight deviation from thread below re. Holiday pay entitlement when resigning after a year

(1 Post)
sebsmummy1 Sun 29-Sep-13 10:03:58

Hiya,

Can I ask, does the same situation apply when employed but claiming maternity allowance instead of SMP?

I found out I was pregnant after just starting my new job (I was unknowingly 2 weeks pregnant on my start date) and worked 7 months before taking mat leave. I couldn't qualify for SMP but did qualify for mat allowance which went through fine and my payments stopped second week of July.

Would I qualify for any holiday pay or anything else do you think when I was resign or is it all done and dusted now due to me having only qualified for mat allowance so I have never received any additional money from my employer directly throughout my maternity?

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now