Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Childcare vouchers help!

(3 Posts)

DH is moving jobs. DD goes to a nursery at his work so she will move nursery when he moves job. DH has several hundred in vouchers saved up as she used to go 4 days a week and now only goes 1, and he didn't bother to reduce the amount he was taking. We figured we could use them at some point in the future if we ever needed to put her in childcare for the odd day.

Now that he's moving to a new employer (and a new CVS scheme as he's not allowed to stay in the old one), can we use the old, saved vouchers at DD's new nursery, wherever that is?

DH told me we can't, then that we can, and is generally being irritating about it. (He's not normally irritating. But today I could kill him!)

PolyesterBride Fri 27-Sep-13 16:11:08

I can assign my vouchers to any childcare provider I wish, as long as they're registered. Not sure how transferring to a new scheme would work though. Can you just pay all the remaining ones to the new nursery so that you're years in advance (assuming you are going to stay at the same place?) Or, he needs to find out how to transfer the vouchers to the new scheme?

He says he can't transfer them to the new scheme, which is irritating. But that's good news if we can use them after he's left his current job and once DD has moved nursery...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now