Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

bank ishooz

(3 Posts)
Lora1982 Wed 25-Sep-13 10:57:27

Right!
Im aware that I'm charged interest for living in my overdraft, thats fine. But they can clearly see I get paid the last day of every month (mat pay) and then I get child benefit every monday and then working tax the last week of every month. Why then do they insist on taking out their interest charge on a random different day each month often taking me over the limit and then charging me more for going over that limit (because of their initial charge) and then the CB gets used to pay it off aaaarrrrggghhh

Im more than happy to pay if its gone over. All my outgoings go out in the first week of every month so the remainder in my account can be spent on lifes living and food etc.

Can I demand they change the day they charge me. Also I read somewhere that some banks, if their charges make me overdrawn they wont charge me for going overdrawn... and that they cant use the benefits im given (Cb & WTC) to pay their charges, is any of this true? read it on nethuns so I'm unsure

I'm with Natwest if that changes anything.

Ta ladies

Rockchick1984 Wed 25-Sep-13 11:25:59

Natwest can change the date of your charges, go in and ask them to alter your charging period.

Lora1982 Wed 25-Sep-13 11:53:13

I certainly will thanks! Ive just sent a polite but demanding email from their online complaint form so I'll be interested to hear their response!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now