Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone had dealings with TrustMoney

(15 Posts)
Sindarella Mon 23-Sep-13 21:11:54

I got a call out of the blue today from a company called trustmoney. They are part of the money group.

After long conversation they came to the conclusion that an IVA is my best option. It is, i already know this.

They said they can sort out all the paperwork, phone calls etc. i would pay £100 per month to creditiors, the first two months would be £145 to covet tbeir costs. Which i dont mind paying.

Does anyone know about this company, are they any good?

keli5325 Mon 23-Sep-13 21:20:50

please dont use a company that cold calls you or charges upfront fees! if an iva is an option you want to explore do some research and read some reviews then seek advice from 2 or 3 providers before you decide who to use.
all ivas have fees but these will be paid out of the money you pay to the iva. There should be no payment in advance!

Can i ask do you have any assets? and how much debt you have?

Rockchick1984 Mon 23-Sep-13 21:21:10

Why would you pay them to do it, when Stepchange or Christians Against Poverty will do it for free for you?

keli5325 Mon 23-Sep-13 21:24:17

stepchange and the like are only free for debt management plans the Iva fees are paid in the same way as any other Iva provider.

Sindarella Mon 23-Sep-13 21:28:39

No asserts, i private rent, no cars or anything worth much, i owe around £17,000 mark.
All the debts are a good few years old, i was going through CAB but mine has now closed down, the nearest now is 11 miles away but i can never get an appointment.

I've googled it, i've seen good reviews but also a couple of bad ones.

keli5325 Mon 23-Sep-13 21:39:08

the main reason people do an iva rather than bankruptcy is when they have assets to protect, if you have no assets why not just declare yourself bankrupt? is there anything that puts you off bankruptcy? x

Sindarella Mon 23-Sep-13 21:47:56

I remember being told bankruptcy lasts a lot longer on my credit file than an IVA?

I was advised, a while ago, about something that costs £90 an as long as my circumstances don't change for a couple of years all my debt would be written off

ivykaty44 Mon 23-Sep-13 21:50:43

it is best for the company if you go down that route, keli325 is right

keli5325 Mon 23-Sep-13 22:01:21

it is not true that an iva is better for your credit file i am afraid! a bankruptcy, IVA or Dro all stay on your credit file for 6yrs as do any default notices shock

keli5325 Mon 23-Sep-13 22:03:21

you cant do a debt relief order as the maximum debt for that is £15k

Sindarella Mon 23-Sep-13 22:09:05

Debt relief order, that was it �� i'm going to sit down tomorrow and go through all my debts, i think some letters i have are the same debt but different collectors, if i can get it below £15k then i'll go for a dro, IYO is bankruptcy better option than an IVA?

keli5325 Mon 23-Sep-13 22:23:31

Thats a good idea because if your debts are under £15k a Dro is a better option and will cost you only £90 but if your debts are more than £15k and you have no assets you could consider bankruptcy which will cost £750 but you can get some discount of upto £125 if you are in working tax credit.
An iva can last 6 yrs if you are paying a low amount back and you have nothing to lose in bankruptcy!
speak with stepchange or payplan once you have worked out your debts as they can process a dro for you and give bankruptcy advice smile

RedHelenB Tue 24-Sep-13 07:24:09

Why not do a debt mamangement plan to reduce your debts so you can go for a DRO?

Sindarella Tue 24-Sep-13 07:56:27

I'm on debt management plans but because there are so many debts im only paying a small amount of each, between £1-£4 per weeks. It costs me £300 per month. I cant afford to do it anymore, an as its such small payments it doesnt even touch the interest. So nothing is actually coming off the debts.

keli5325 Tue 24-Sep-13 08:57:16

have a sort out today and pop back on later to let us know how much debt there is or if using a debt management company ask them to get upto date balances for you smile
once you have that you will be in know if you can do a DRO x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now