Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mortgage survey

(9 Posts)
Icelollycraving Sun 22-Sep-13 09:40:58

Our valuation is booked for this week for a new build. We are borrowing 75% ltv. How does the process work exactly,do Nationwide then evaluate everything or would they have done all the checks etc?

crochetkate Sun 22-Sep-13 17:55:34

i dont know for a fact, but we had an offer 2 hours after survey, so assume they had already done the checks

Icelollycraving Sun 22-Sep-13 18:10:05

Ooh crochet that sounds promising. Who was your mortgage with?

crochetkate Sun 22-Sep-13 19:05:43

nationwide

Alwayscheerful Sun 22-Sep-13 19:08:36

Sometimes the surveys are completed electronically and the offers are generated automatically as soon as the surveyor presses submit.

bamboobutton Sun 22-Sep-13 19:10:56

we've just had our help to buy valuation done, mortgage offer was in the next day.

so excited, I wish I could go over to the house and horse whip the builders to finish our house sooner!

Icelollycraving Sun 22-Sep-13 19:19:28

Bamboo,exciting isn't it?! Stressful though.

crochetkate Sun 22-Sep-13 20:37:41

we are meant to be exchanging on fri, but had to already give notice on our current flat, so excited, but so stressed!

Icelollycraving Sun 22-Sep-13 20:51:55

We have had to delay exchange twice as the process has taken so long. Can I ask if Nationwide took ages for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now