Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Car related - anything I can do?

(4 Posts)
Mosschops30 Sun 15-Sep-13 15:18:04

In April my car was involved in a head on collision.
When it came back after repair I felt the steering was funny and it went back.
I took it back again as still wasn't right but gave up in the end as they kept saying there were no issues.

This week my normal garage took off the two front tyres which were completely worn through the metal but on the inside. Mechanic said this is highly unusual and the wheels seemed to be pointing outwards rather than straight.

I replaced the tyres but do you think the damage repairer will stump up the wheel alignment cost as they clearly didn't do it. Is it worth even asking?

sounds like the tracking was knocked out during the accident. TBH that is something that should be checked as standard and is about £20/25 to have corrected. I would be asking why it wasn't done, and for the cost of it to be covered

specialsubject Sun 15-Sep-13 16:06:28

....and the cost of the tyres which would not have been wrecked if the first garage had done the job properly.

Mosschops30 Sun 15-Sep-13 17:25:15

I think the tyres may be pushing it as new ones could be due to wear and tear but it's the way they've worn that is the most telling that they never did a wheel alignment.

What are my options if they say no way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now