Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What would you do with £5000? (Nothing mortgage or savings related!)

(28 Posts)
Teabee Sat 24-Aug-13 14:26:48

Dh and I have been left £5000 by an elderly relative. It's not really enough to make a dent in our mortgage blush but we want to do something with its rather than it just be eaten into with day to day expenditure.

We haven't discounted a nice holiday but any other suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks

If you're anywhere near London try the Affordable Art Fair in Battersea Park. There are loads of different artworks for sale at varying prices (some not so affordable! grin ).

Even if you don't find the perfect painting it might give you some ideas and you can always go and visit the individual galleries whose work you like.

Or if you have children, you could have a portrait of them commissioned. I'm sure there's a good directory online but I can't remember the name.

ShadeofViolet Tue 27-Aug-13 12:36:26

A new kitchen

Romily Sat 28-Sep-13 10:16:25

A new kitchen for me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now