Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

magazine subscription

(6 Posts)
alemci Sat 17-Aug-13 12:28:21

I signed up with a certain company to try a magazine for 3 months for £3 - great. I have had 3 magazines and have had Septembers so I thought I could contact them to cancel the dd.

I noticed that they have take some more money from my account without me agreeing to it. I am annoyed as I haven't said they could do this and never had anything in writing and have had no email notification.

may i ask for a refund as I have only had the 3 magazines I have signed for. won't do this again in a hurry.

Rockchick1984 Sat 17-Aug-13 12:30:52

I've looked at a few of those 3 months for £3 offers and all state that the subscription will continue at full price unless you cancel prior to a particular date. You could contact them to ask, but it would be as a gesture of goodwill if they are willing to do it.

nannynick Sat 17-Aug-13 12:42:59

No harm asking but at the time you signed up there must have been some mention of what happened once the thirdmagazine was dispatched, such as how long you have to cancel the agreement before full price us charged.

If you sign up to things online, then always check webpage for a link to Terms & Conditions and read them before you enter credit/debit card details.

Viviennemary Sun 18-Aug-13 20:06:29

I've been caught out a couple of times by this especially years ago in this book club when they sent you a book unless you said you didn't want it. They don't seem to be around anymore thank goodness. But you have to be wary of these offers because that's how they make their money by hoping people don't get round to cancelling in time. You can try asking for a refund.

alemci Mon 19-Aug-13 10:16:45

I rang up and they will refund the money. thanks for your advice

nannynick Mon 19-Aug-13 22:46:26

Good result, thanks for update.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now