Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mortgage question...

(4 Posts)
Mum2Fergus Sat 17-Aug-13 11:22:52

Thanks, yes, in Scotland. I have life assurance that will repay mortgage in full if anything happens to me, and house is for DP in my will...at end of day, regardless of what happens to me/us, I want DS to be secure...I assumed best way for that was to ensure security for DP...?

ALittleBitOfMagic Sat 17-Aug-13 11:17:40

I think it may depend on where you live . I think in Scotland he will be legally entitled to his fair share depending on how many years this arrangement has been in place . But I could very well be wrong .

purplewithred Sat 17-Aug-13 11:12:32

Someone may be along to correct me, but I suspect nothing at all.

Mum2Fergus Sat 17-Aug-13 11:10:44

Something mentioned in relationships has me thinking...

I have a mortgage, in my name only. DP and I pay %age of monthly joint outgoings (%age based on individual salaries against overall income, currently 60 me/40 DP. No joint ac, he pays his 40% directly to me. Should anything happen to us, what is he entitled to from house/mortgage perspective?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now