Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mortgage question...

(4 Posts)
Mum2Fergus Sat 17-Aug-13 11:22:52

Thanks, yes, in Scotland. I have life assurance that will repay mortgage in full if anything happens to me, and house is for DP in my end of day, regardless of what happens to me/us, I want DS to be secure...I assumed best way for that was to ensure security for DP...?

ALittleBitOfMagic Sat 17-Aug-13 11:17:40

I think it may depend on where you live . I think in Scotland he will be legally entitled to his fair share depending on how many years this arrangement has been in place . But I could very well be wrong .

purplewithred Sat 17-Aug-13 11:12:32

Someone may be along to correct me, but I suspect nothing at all.

Mum2Fergus Sat 17-Aug-13 11:10:44

Something mentioned in relationships has me thinking...

I have a mortgage, in my name only. DP and I pay %age of monthly joint outgoings (%age based on individual salaries against overall income, currently 60 me/40 DP. No joint ac, he pays his 40% directly to me. Should anything happen to us, what is he entitled to from house/mortgage perspective?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now