Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

House insurance for Stay at Home Mum

(5 Posts)
ShatnersBassoon Fri 16-Aug-13 16:14:48

When they ask if the home is occupied day and night, they mean generally. People would invalidate their insurance by going on holiday otherwise. In other words, they're asking if the house is usually empty during the day, so in your case it isn't - more often than not you're there.

bronya Fri 16-Aug-13 16:12:11

Ring them and ask?

jaabaar Fri 16-Aug-13 15:58:30

Im interested in this as was not aware that u can get cheaper insurance

jaabaar Fri 16-Aug-13 15:58:18

Im interested in this as was not aware that u can get cheaper insurance

LisaThope555 Fri 16-Aug-13 15:11:33

Looking to renew my house insurance and I seem to keep coming up against issues with the 'occupancy' question.

I am generally at home during the day - I work from home and have a DD about to start school. The house is however not NEVER unoccupied (school run, shopping etc) and also the odd trip away (under the 30 days or whatever it is - usually only a night or two at grandmas!)

If I say never unoccupied does this mean someone has to be there 24/7 - if not then what do I select? Daytime unoccupied seems to double my premium and I am there most of the time unlike someone working 9-5 in an office for example!

Any thoughts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now