Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone else left their tax credit renewal this late ?

(35 Posts)
heronsfly Tue 30-Jul-13 14:03:59

I know I should have done it earlier blush, and I know the switchboard is jammed, but I am holding for ages listening to instructions before they tell me they cant help at this time,anyone else trying to get through ?

ProtegeMoi Tue 30-Jul-13 18:10:35

Mine was brown and said renewal notice.

Same as Lyra bold letters saying do nothing.

VianneFox Tue 30-Jul-13 18:11:24

I have left it this late as well, had so much on my mind but luckily I'm free tomorrow so will just have to keep trying!

What happens if you don't have the exact amount of income to tell them from previous tax year- can you give an estimate at all?

LynetteScavo Tue 30-Jul-13 18:24:32

My envelope was white.

How come the government don't automatically know how much we've all earned from our tax payments?

Well....3 calls later and I'm in the queue.

Their on hold music and little lady that assures me I will be dealt with soon is painfully crackly and quiet. The menu lady was ok tho.

The gocernment doesn't necessarily know though because not all tax is paid through PAYE and in that case tax returns don't have to be submitted until next jan which would be too late to sort out overpayments etc.

PatsysPyjamas Tue 30-Jul-13 18:34:22

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY CAN YOU NOT COMPLETE THIS ONLINE? I have now done the 3.5 min wait at least 8 times only to be hung up on.

PatsysPyjamas Tue 30-Jul-13 18:37:01

Anyone know what will happen if I send the form first class tomorrow? It won't arrive on 31st but 2ill be post-marked 31st...

Im 19 mins in. Phone is on speaker phone.

I am about to scoff my tea

PatsysPyjamas Tue 30-Jul-13 18:40:13

I am envious Edwina!

DragonsAreReal Tue 30-Jul-13 18:41:19

I can't get through, have been trying since yesterday, posted it this evening and will try again early tomorrow morning and again when I'm home from work. Don't think the posted one will get through in time for tomorrow though.

smokinaces Tue 30-Jul-13 18:45:47

I'm not allowed to renew on the phone :-/

When I was married and claiming a token £20 a week it was fine, automatic renewal, nothing needed doing.

Then as a single parent claiming wtc and ctc and disabled element and I am catagorically not allowed to renew by phone, I have to fill in my paperwork and post it.

And then inevitably get investigated again

And passed again

Four bloody years the long winded way.

At least I dont have to worry about the phone lines I guess!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now