Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

childminder claiming expenses for beach hut rent

(5 Posts)
moogalicious Sat 29-Jun-13 14:06:55

Just quick question - can a childminder claim back the cost of their beach hut rent on their tax return. I'm assuming they don't take their mindees there all year round, so perhaps just a percentage?


OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 29-Jun-13 16:44:39

I would think a percentagee, yes, but am no expert.

MortifiedAdams Sat 29-Jun-13 16:48:22

Yes they can. Not the whole cost, but a percentage. I would assume it would have to be covered by their insurance tho as a place of their out of which they can childmind.

I imagine there would be a calulation something like

Weekly rent, divide by 7 days to arrive at a daily rent. Divide daily rent by total number of people using the facility (cm, their children, the minded children) multiply by the number of minded children to get a daily pro rata rate, multiply by number of days worked that week, claim that final figure as expenses.

Or something.

moogalicious Sun 30-Jun-13 17:08:08

Thanks that's great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now