Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Bank account hacked and bank cant do anything till the money actually leaves my account

(8 Posts)
CuppaCiggieBiccieBliss Fri 28-Jun-13 12:12:16

That's a different bank to the one I'm with but it may be worth phoning them back and asking to be pit through to the fraud people.
You do have my sympathy, I would have been screwed if they hadn't sorted it and could do without the stress of it.
Hopefully the bank will be a bit more helpful.

starshaker Fri 28-Jun-13 12:04:36

Maybe its just my bank that are twats. Im with the clydesdale

CuppaCiggieBiccieBliss Fri 28-Jun-13 11:56:31

I've had a very similar situation this morning. It was a transaction for £68 but as it was still pending the banks fraud department were able to cancel it and the money was back available in my account immediately.
I have no idea how the company that tried to take it have even got my details so I've had to cancel my card, very bloody convenient!
Have you spoke to the fraud department?

starshaker Fri 28-Jun-13 11:44:21

Because i dont work they wont give me an overdraft. Even tried to get 1 of those crappy extortionate short term loans and i cant get 1 of them either.
The CAB said that because the way the banks work then they cant do anything

lougle Fri 28-Jun-13 11:37:00

Could you ask the bank to give you a temporary overdraft of £150 so that you aren't disadvantaged by the system?

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Fri 28-Jun-13 11:33:46

Contact the CAB?

Surely there must be some way to halt a payment if it is known to be fraudulent?

starshaker Fri 28-Jun-13 11:32:38

Does anybody have any advice?

starshaker Fri 28-Jun-13 11:16:20

This morning when i checked my account i saw a transaction for £143.26. I knew i didnt make the payment so i called up my bank to tell them to cancel it and basically give me my money back. They said they cant until it leaves my account because at the moment it is just a POS so if the company dont accept it then it will drop off my account in about 3 days.

That isnt much good to me right now because i have been left with no money in my account. I have 3 children, 2 of them are in nappies. I have no food, the electricity will run out today or tomorrow (at a push), no nappies and a direct debit that is due out on monday.

I tried to get a crisis grant and was told that they can only give me it if i have proof that my account has been hacked. My bank said they can only give me that when the money actually leaves my account (i know im repeating myself but this is how frustrating it is).

Does anybody know what i can do?
I dont have anybody i can ask for a loan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now