Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Private medical insurance for dd

(6 Posts)
Picturesinthefirelight Mon 24-Jun-13 14:19:28

Has anyone ever taken out private medical insurance for their child. It's not something we ever considered before but dd has to have it at her new school.

What do you look for in a policy

I think there is an option to join a school BUPA scheme. Should we just go with that? It's quite expensive.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 24-Jun-13 22:33:33

I have private medical insurance for my DD in conjunction with my policy. It is worth shopping around BUPA is very expensive. I am with Aviva whose policy I actually think is better than BUPA's top policy.
Not certain school can actually enforce that you have to have private medical care, DD's school encourages it, but does not enforce it. The same with fees insurance.

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 24-Jun-13 23:27:11

It is c

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 24-Jun-13 23:28:21

It is compulsory, either that or risk having to spend a fortune on private physio if needed.

Areyoumadorisitme Mon 24-Jun-13 23:31:04

What sort of school is it? Ballet or something similar? Am intrigued, surely a standard private school doesn't require medical insurance?

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 24-Jun-13 23:32:42

Yes it's a vicational dance school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now