Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

SMP hasnt been paid im full?

(6 Posts)
justalilmummy Fri 21-Jun-13 16:53:17

I began maternity leave this week and received a letter telling me how much I would get.
It said on the letter that I would recieve the full smp amount of 136.78, and was sent a chart showing how my payments work
It said my first payment would be from 14/6/2013-30/6/2013, and would be 269
However my pay slip came through today with my wages from my last week at work which included my smp payment, but ive only been paid 47! Does anyone know why this is or have work made a mistake as surely that cant be right

Smp can only be paid for weeks completed, so you can't receive payment upto 30/6 only until the Friday before payday. So payday was yesterday say, you will only get smp up to last Friday.

Not sure if that answers your question. What date did your smp start?

justalilmummy Fri 21-Jun-13 17:08:47

I started maternity leave on Monday so ive been off for a week now, just confuses at the random 47 quid payment!

ok and payday was today?

Tbh it's best to check with payroll.

justalilmummy Fri 21-Jun-13 17:17:51

Yea I usually get paid weekly on a Friday. The letter did seem like I would be paid monthly, and I just assumed I would get my first payment on the 30th in full, but if they are doing it weekly it should be 136 cant understand the 47, very confused think I may need to call them Monday find out what is going on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now