Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

If Ocado dropped a glass bottle of oil on your kitchen floor...

(127 Posts)
JivinMissDaisy Fri 17-May-13 13:37:46

.. what would you expect by way of apology or compensation?

Mr Ocado accidentally (poor chap, not his fault..) dropped a large glass bottle of oil all over my tiled kitchen floor.

It took an initial 30+ mins to pick up the glass, soak up the worst of the mess with 6 bathroom towels, then mop it all with liquid floor cleaner. A couple of sweeps to check for remaining glass. Then all the towels had to be cleaned in the machine of course as they were dripping in oil. A week later, and another mop from our brilliant cleaner, you can still see a very fine film of oil in parts.

Well anyway, Ocado have offered me £7. Does that seem reasonable...?

NJE makes me think of my daddy who once told me that the little signs in antique shops were a load of nonsense - you know the ones that say "Lovely to look at, delightful to hold, but if you break me consider me sold." When I was small I used to turn them over or tuck them in, I was so offended by antique shop owners bullying the general public into paying for accidental breakages blush.

FayeKorgasm Tue 21-May-13 17:49:36

Seriously OP. get a grip.

Ocado delivered a birthday cake to me the other day. It hadnt been packed well and was slightly damaged. The driver pointed this out to me, but with some well placed candles and a bit of fiddling it was fine. I didn't ask for a refund. It is life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now