Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

If Ocado dropped a glass bottle of oil on your kitchen floor...

(127 Posts)
JivinMissDaisy Fri 17-May-13 13:37:46

.. what would you expect by way of apology or compensation?

Mr Ocado accidentally (poor chap, not his fault..) dropped a large glass bottle of oil all over my tiled kitchen floor.

It took an initial 30+ mins to pick up the glass, soak up the worst of the mess with 6 bathroom towels, then mop it all with liquid floor cleaner. A couple of sweeps to check for remaining glass. Then all the towels had to be cleaned in the machine of course as they were dripping in oil. A week later, and another mop from our brilliant cleaner, you can still see a very fine film of oil in parts.

Well anyway, Ocado have offered me £7. Does that seem reasonable...?

NJE makes me think of my daddy who once told me that the little signs in antique shops were a load of nonsense - you know the ones that say "Lovely to look at, delightful to hold, but if you break me consider me sold." When I was small I used to turn them over or tuck them in, I was so offended by antique shop owners bullying the general public into paying for accidental breakages blush.

FayeKorgasm Tue 21-May-13 17:49:36

Seriously OP. get a grip.

Ocado delivered a birthday cake to me the other day. It hadnt been packed well and was slightly damaged. The driver pointed this out to me, but with some well placed candles and a bit of fiddling it was fine. I didn't ask for a refund. It is life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now