Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Help, I have one child living with me, the other with dad. Dad is trying to claim maintenance from me.

(55 Posts)
Hollywallaby Wed 15-May-13 19:51:00

Dad has never paid even when children lived with me. Eldest child went to live with him a year ago. Now he wants maintenance from me. Can this happen???

Dadthelion Fri 24-May-13 12:12:58

KittyKat

With your views on NRPs and Families need Fathers I really, really hope you're not in a position of power to influence children's relationships with their parents.

Dadthelion Fri 24-May-13 12:14:23

Here's the answer to the OP.

'Dad has never paid even when children lived with me. Eldest child went to live with him a year ago. Now he wants maintenance from me. Can this happen???'

Yes and will.

allnewtaketwo Fri 24-May-13 12:33:26

and kittycat, you absolutely did recommend tax fraud as a means of CSA avoidance, as several other posters upthread have pointed out to you. You are clearly someone who is happy to recommend breaking the law to avoid paying for a child, just because many nrps don't pay, so I would say it's you who is biased with the chip on your shoulder.

kittycat68 Fri 24-May-13 14:34:13

Yes a nrp should pay towards thier child and a reasonable amount too. At repeating myslef again OP clearly states that she has solely financailly paid for her child with out the NRP paying anything!!!

Clearly you seem to think thats ok, and we are not talking about mainstream question but rather the OP question

allnewtaketwo Fri 24-May-13 16:40:35

I didn't say anything of the sort. I said OP should pay for the child. You think she shouldn't, just because of what has gone on in the past. Punishing her ex is punishing the child, which is what you are recommending

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now