Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Best apps for debt reduction and money management

(7 Posts)
KateyC94 Wed 15-May-13 20:42:35

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LetMeAtTheWine Mon 13-May-13 11:48:41

On another thread someone recommended an app called 'pocket expense', there is a paid or free version. I have downloaded it but not used it yet so afraid I can't recommend I myself yet.

specialsubject Wed 08-May-13 10:12:24

if money is tight, get rid of your smartphone and the associated expensive contract. No-one really needs mobile internet.

if money is tight, you should be planning what you spend before you go out.

tribpot Wed 08-May-13 06:51:27

I use YNAB and for me (as a previous MS Money user) I find it a much more proactive way to manage my money and budgets. There are iPhone and Android apps so you can stay on top of your budget whilst out and about. The software isn't free although there's a 30 day trial, and a lot of very good training material on the website that you can have a look at to get an idea of the method. Well worth a look.

Manyofhorror3 Wed 08-May-13 06:40:38

Thank you, will have a look.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 08-May-13 06:11:37

Not phone app but I always recommend an old Microsoft PC application called MS Money (Deluxe Sunset Edition) which is free to download. Takes some time to set up all your accounts, direct debits, credit cards etc but, once completed, you can then record all your transactions, make budgets and forecast cashflow. There is a debt reduction section as well.

Manyofhorror3 Tue 07-May-13 22:58:35

Any recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now